Barring any trades, Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane will have six selections in the 2023 NFL Draft, which kicks off Thursday from Kansas City, MO.
The Bills’ first draft pick occurs at No. 27 late in the first round, and includes selections in the second (No. 59), third (No. 91), fourth (No. 130), fifth (No. 137) and sixth rounds (No. 205).
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by breaking down what positions rank as Buffalo’s biggest areas of need heading into the draft.
Ranking Buffalo’s NFL Draft needs
A slot wide receiver to complement Pro Bowl wideout Stefon Diggs. A middle linebacker to potentially take over for the departed Tremaine Edmunds. An offensive tackle to push incumbent starting right tackle Spencer Brown. A defensive tackle to compete for repetitions this year and beyond, when the team has no one signed under contract for the 2024 season.
The Bills have Super Bowl aspirations, but they are not without needs heading into the draft. Linked below, a look at Buffalo’s greatest needs, including whether the Bills should spend a high pick on a linebacker. Plus, exploring potential trade-down spots for Buffalo at the end of the first round, an NFL draft analyst who expects Buffalo to trade up, a speedy wide receiver who could be available at pick No. 27, and more!
- Ranking the Buffalo Bills’ needs in the NFL draft - Buffalo News
- Top positions that should be on Buffalo’s radar at No. 27 in 2023 NFL Draft - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills need immediate impact in NFL Draft. Here’s why - Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills express confidence in linebackers ahead of NFL draft, but ... - Buffalo News
- Take a WR, trade, or go defense? NFL Draft analysts share their best strategy for the Buffalo Bills - BuffaloBills.com
- Back end of NFL draft’s first round could be fertile ground for Bills’ Brandon Beane to trade down - Buffalo News
- NFL draft analyst predicts Buffalo Bills to make ‘big splash’ by moving up in draft - newyorkupstate.com
- This speedy All-American can fit Bills draft need at WR to a ‘T’ - Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills fans might not like the position that oddsmaker has as favorite for first-round draft pick - Buffalo News
- The Draft Files, Part 2: 11 more Bills thoughts and NFL Draft scenarios to consider - The Athletic - The Athletic (subscription required)
Bills bringing training camp back to St. John Fisher
On Monday, the news came out that, once again, the Bills will conduct their training camp at St. John Fisher University in the Rochester suburb of Pittsford. The exact dates for training camp will be announced later this year.
- Buffalo Bills to return to St. John Fisher University for training camp - Buffalo News
- Bills to host 2023 training camp at St. John Fisher - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills to hold 2023 training camp at St. John Fisher - Democrat & Chronicle
Aaron Rodgers trade to Jets completed
News on the recently completed trade that sends perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets, examining the implications that deal will have on the AFC East.
- Ryan O’Halloran: Aaron Rodgers trade means Jets are again relevant and Bills have a new problem - Buffalo News
- Bills’ Jordan Phillips hopes to turn Jets’ Aaron Rodgers into meme for second time - newyorkupstate.com
- Aaron Rodgers, Jets trail Bills in AFC East betting odds; Lions favorite in NFC North - The Athletic - The Athletic (subscription required)
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- It’s Almost Over: Bruce’s Final Round 1 2023 NFL Mock Draft - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 2023 NFL Draft Scouting Spotlight: DT Mazi Smith - Buffalo Rumblings
- OL John Michael Schmitz met with the Buffalo Bills via Zoom - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills headed back to St. John Fisher for 2023 training camp - Buffalo Rumblings
- Aaron Rodgers is a New York Jet - Buffalo Rumblings