What a whirlwind last 24 hours it was for the Buffalo Bills. First, Pro Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs caused quite the stir with his absence from Tuesday’s first mandatory minicamp session. Then, Diggs was back on the practice field with his teammates on Wednesday.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks brings you up to speed on everything that transpired in Orchard Park, NY with Diggs’ absence, including hearing from head coach Sean McDermott on why he initially was “very concerned,” how Diggs was excused from practicing on Tuesday, and why quarterback Josh Allen says the issue is an internal one for the team to work out. We also discuss Diggs’ return to the practice field on Wednesday.
WR Stefon Diggs returns to minicamp on Wednesday
Following much drama and suspense, talented wide receiver Stefon Diggs was back with the Bills and on the practice field for Wednesday’s session.
- Diggs returns to minicamp, while Knox rests leg - WGR 550
- Diggs present for Wednesday’s practice at mandatory minicamp - WGR 550
- Diggs returns to Bills practice, McDermott says issues are resolved - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs practices in Wednesday’s mandatory minicamp - BuffaloBills.com
- Stefon Diggs present at Bills minicamp practice Wednesday; McDermott says WR was excused Tuesday - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills minicamp notes: Stefon Diggs’ first day, Josh Allen dials in, no Dawson Knox - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Maiorana: It’s time for Diggs to prove he’s ‘an all-in dude’ for the Bills - Democrat & Chronicle
Sorting through Diggs’ absence on Tuesday
Social media nearly broke following the news that Diggs was conspicuously absent from Buffalo’s minicamp session on Tuesday. Initially, head coach Sean McDermott said he was “very concerned” with Diggs not being out there with his teammates.
- Bills receiver Stefon Diggs leaves before practice begins at mandatory minicamp - Buffalo News
- What’s going on with Stefon Diggs and the Bills? A timeline of everything that happened Tuesday - newyorkupstate.com
- Stefon Diggs in Buffalo, not practicing with Bills while ‘things being worked out’ (reports) - newyorkupstate.com
- WR Stefon Diggs’ no show at Bills minicamp practice leaves Sean McDermott ‘very concerned’ - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills’ Stefon Diggs not at mandatory minicamp; Sean McDermott ‘very concerned’ - newyorkupstate.com
- Star wideout Stefon Diggs a no-show for start of Bills mandatory mini camp - Democrat & Chronicle
- Stefon Diggs not at practice + Von Miller health update | Minicamp Day 1 Notebook - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs not in attendance at Mandatory Minicamp, per HC Sean McDermott - BuffaloBills.com
- Why Bills players downplay Stefon Diggs disconnect after WR leaves minicamp - The Athletic (subscription required)
- In March interview, Bills’ Stefon Diggs recounted going to ‘dark place’ at times last season - Buffalo News
Sean McDermott: Diggs was excused from Tuesday’s session
Once the Bills concluded their practice Wednesday, head coach Sean McDermott tried to clarify what happened with Diggs missing Tuesday’s session. McDermott said he excused the Pro Bowl wideout and that the matter is now “resolved.”
- McDermott says Diggs was excused from practice Tuesday, now in a ‘great spot’ after talks - Buffalo News
- McDermott excused Diggs from practice Tuesday - WGR 550
- Bills coach says matter with Stefon Diggs is 'resolved' - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Sean McDermott says Stefon Diggs’ mysterious beef with Bills is resolved - newyorkupstate.com
- Sean McDermott says team is in ‘a great spot’ with Stefon Diggs as Bills WR returns to practice | Minicamp Day 2 Notebook - BuffaloBills.com
QB Josh Allen responds to the Diggs incident
Bills quarterback Josh Allen said the absence of Diggs from Buffalo’s first mandatory minicamp practice stems from an issue the team is working on internally.
- Josh Allen takes some responsibility for Stefon Diggs drama - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Bills’ Josh Allen downplays Stefon Diggs’ absence: Here’s everything QB said Tuesday - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills QB Josh Allen on Stefon Diggs’ absence: ‘I’m not sweating it’ - Buffalo News
Even more Bills news and notes
In other minicamp-related news, learn how fellow wideouts Gabe Davis and Trent Sherfield finished their minicamps on a high note, and find out how a productive spring has wide receiver Khalil Shakir angling for a larger role in the offense.
- Bills minicamp observations: Gabe Davis, Trent Sherfield end on high note - Buffalo News
- Minicamp observations: Khalil Shakir making push at WR with good spring - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Stefon Diggs practicing during second day of Buffalo Bills’ mandatory minicamp - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills HC Sean McDermott clarifies comments concerning Stefon Diggs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen addresses Stefon Diggs’ absence at Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp - Buffalo Rumblings
- Despite minicamp drama, contract details show Stefon Diggs will be with Buffalo Bills in 2023 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills cancel final day of mandatory minicamp - Buffalo Rumblings
- Dawson Knox a nonparticipant during Day 2 of Bills mandatory minicamp - Buffalo Rumblings