Well that was a fun home opener for the Buffalo Bills!
Josh Allen passed for three touchdowns while shredding the Las Vegas Raiders’ defense, James Cook recorded his first 100-yard rushing game, offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey called a creative game plan, the Bills’ run defense bottled up Josh Jacobs and Las Vegas’ ground game, and Buffalo’s defense thoroughly dominated the Raiders during a 38-10 trouncing at Highmark Stadium.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks recaps the win and offers up observations, positional grades and report cards as the Bills beat the Raiders for the third straight time.
Game recap, key plays: Bills make Raiders walk the plank
After a discouraging four-turnover performance in the Bills’ season opener, quarterback Josh Allen and the potent Buffalo offense took advantage of a softer matchup to rout the Raiders before a sold-out crowd at Highmark Stadium. We learn how Allen was fueled by memories of his rotten performance during a Week 1 loss to the New York Jets, bring you game recaps, and relive the key plays that shaped the game.
- Ryan O’Halloran: Rotten feeling of Week 1 fuels Josh Allen in Week 2 - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen silences critics with surgical performance as Bills throttle Raiders - Democrat & Chronicle
- Allen embraced challenge of Week 2 - WGR 550
- Josh Allen bounces back with 3 TDs, 0 INTs to lead Bills’ win - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- How Josh Allen rediscovered overdrive in win against Raiders - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Plays that shaped the game: Khalil Shakir, Gabe Davis TD help Bills shine in red zone - Buffalo News
- How it happened: Reviewing the Buffalo Bills’ 38-10 win over the Las Vegas Raiders - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills pummel Las Vegas Raiders in statement 38-10 win (game recap) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills dominate Raiders in 2023 home opener - WGR 550
- Raiders 10-38 Bills (Sep 17, 2023) Game Recap - ESPN
- Bills 38, Raiders 10 | Game Recap, highlights + stats to know - BuffaloBills.com
Observations from Buffalo’s blowout win
After allowing the Raiders to march 75 yards in five plays, the Bills clamped down and dominated Las Vegas for the rest of the game, including limiting Josh Jacobs to -2 rushing yards. Linked below: How the Bills picked up their first win thanks to a balanced effort on both sides of the ball, analysis of how Matt Milano, Terrel Bernard and Buffalo’s linebackers shut down the Raiders’ attack, how James Cook and the Bills’ ground game served to open up the playbook, praise for starting right tackle Spencer Brown following a great performance against talented pass rusher Maxx Crosby, and more!
- Observations: Bills bounce back with dominating win against Raiders - Buffalo News
- You got ‘Milano-ed’: Linebacker’s interception highlights strong showing for Bills defense - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills LBs make impact, create turnovers vs. Raiders (Encouraged/Worried) - newyorkupstate.com
- “A two-dimensional offense” | Bills’ rushing attack opens up playbook - BuffaloBills.com
- How Bills’ Spencer Brown built a cheat sheet to beat the Maxx Crosby test Sunday - newyorkupstate.com
- Three questions: Dominant Bills not overreacting to blowout of Raiders - Buffalo News
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills vs. Raiders | Week 2 - BuffaloBills.com
- Buffalo Bills, Josh Allen get right in 38-10 win over Raiders, look like Super Bowl contender (instant observations) - newyorkupstate.com
- How Sean McDermott put ‘juice’ back in Bills with a dominant defensive game - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills notebook: Gabe Davis leads Buffalo receivers; Bills stick with same lineup - Buffalo News
- McDermott focuses on discipline, humility in win over LV - WGR 550
- ‘Bunch of bull crap’: Buffalo Bills WR ignored critics ahead of Week 2 win - newyorkupstate.com
- NFL 2023 Week 2: Biggest questions, risers and takeaways - ESPN
Report cards and positional grades
Catch up on report cards and see which players are trending up and whose stock is on the decline following Buffalo’s 38-10 win over Las Vegas.
- Report Card: Plenty for Bills to be proud of in big win over Raiders - Buffalo News
- Bills report card: Buffalo defense bounces back with incredible feat against Raiders - Democrat & Chronicle
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Raiders at Bills - WGR 550
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills 38, Raiders 10: Five things we learned - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills force Las Vegas Raiders to walk the plank - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Raiders Week 2 recap: Josh Allen, James Cook dominate in win - Buffalo Rumblings
- Watch: Sean McDermott’s postgame victory speech - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Raiders: Micah Hyde, Leonard Floyd both suffer lower body injuries late Week 2 - Buffalo Rumblings