Less than one week after the Buffalo Bills’ offense struggled mightily during a season-opening loss to the New York Jets, Josh Allen and Buffalo’s offense did a 180 in routing the Las Vegas Raiders by a score of 38-10 in the team’s home opener.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks discusses how the balanced Bills offense was totally in control, rolling up 450 total yards and 29 first downs in an easy win over the Raiders.
Bills use balanced attack to crush Raiders
Josh Allen passed for three touchdowns and completed more than 80% of his passes. James Cook ran wild over Las Vegas’ defense, posting his first 100-yard rushing game. Offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey called a creative game plan. The Bills moved the ball at will. While the Raiders’ defense isn’t anything special, read up on how the game plan the Bills used on Sunday could be something to build on moving forward. Plus, positional grades and more reactions and observations from Buffalo’s first win.
- Buffalo Bills’ balanced approach vs. Raiders could be new blueprint - ESPN - Buffalo Bills Blog
- Position grades: Josh Allen’s easy-button passing off to encouraging start - Buffalo News
- Kramer: Bills grades: Week 2 vs. Raiders - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills grades vs. Raiders: Josh Allen bounces back in record-breaking home opener - newyorkupstate.com
- Huge edge in time of possession leads to short day for Bills’ defense against Raiders - Buffalo News
- How the Bills got production from all phases in win over Raiders - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills observations: Why Josh Allen isn’t automatic at the goal line anymore - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bulldog: That’s more like it - WGR 550
Latest NFL power rankings
Following a convincing home win over the Raiders, find out where the Bills find themselves on the latest NFL power rankings.
- NFL Week 3 Power Rankings 2023: How all 32 teams stack up - ESPN
- NFL Power Rankings: Dolphins, Eagles on the rise; offense is back! - The Athletic (subscription required)
- NFL Week 3 Power Rankings: Joe Burrow’s Bengals among nine 0-2 teams in big trouble - CBS Sports
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 3: New Orleans Saints crack top 10, while Cincinnati Bengals keep sliding - NFL.com
- PFT’s Week 3 2023 NFL power rankings - NBCsports.com
Even more Bills news
We hear from head coach Sean McDermott on the status of injured defensive end Leonard Floyd and safety Micah Hyde, get the latest news on the bizarre saga of a Bills fan who partied too hard and wound up falling into a pit at the new Bills stadium site, and more!
- Leonard Floyd, Micah Hyde day-to-day due to injury - WGR 550
- Fan on drugs got naked, scaled fence, fell into pit of new Buffalo Bills stadium site - Buffalo News
- Cops rescue, arrest naked fan stuck in a pit at new Buffalo Bills stadium - newyorkupstate.com
- Alan Pergament: CBS’ Harlan, Green ‘lasso’ in Bills fans with top-notch performance - Buffalo News
- Police search for former Buffalo Bills player after mother found dead near creek - newyorkupstate.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills HC Sean McDermott lists two defensive players as “day to day” - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Buffalo Bills to watch vs. the Las Vegas Raiders - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Las Vegas Raiders to watch at the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Raiders snap counts: The beginning of the O’Cyrus Torrence era! - Buffalo Rumblings
- One-Stat Recap: Buffalo Bills make NFL history defending rushing champ - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Raiders win probabilities: A game that was literally never in doubt - Buffalo Rumblings