The Buffalo Bills are coming off their fourth-consecutive AFC East divisional title and their fifth-straight playoff berth, but they face a pivotal offseason as the team is projected to be around $50 million over the salary cap with 22 pending free agents.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks takes a look at what the potential offseason could look like for general manager Brandon Beane.
Potential offseason plans for the Buffalo Bills
While the cap situation isn’t ideal, there are plenty of ways the team can get creative and free up some money to bring in free agents and sign their draft picks.
We hear from Beane on the team’s plans heading into free agency; plus why the Bills would be wise to add talent at wide receiver and defensive line this offseason, a look at a comprehensive scenario that would help Buffalo escape salary cap hell, a ranking of the best of Buffalo’s internal free agents, identifying the other key offseason decisions facing the Bills, and more!
- Bills’ offseason puzzle: Beane talks free agency plans, team’s current strengths - 13WHAM TV
- NFL analysts and Bills stars sound off on how the team should approach the offseason - BuffaloBills.com
- Buffalo Bills offseason: A 15-step plan to escape salary cap woes for 2024 and beyond - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Simon: What should Bills look to add this offseason? - WGR 550
- 2024 NFL free agency: Re-signing decisions for all 32 teams - ESPN
- One offseason move for each AFC team: Bengals must keep Tee Higgins; time for Texans to spend - NFL.com
- One thing each NFL team must do in the offseason to prepare for 2024; Cowboys, Chiefs face critical decisions - CBS Sports
- Ranking the Bills’ top 10 free agents: Which players could stay, land elsewhere? - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills Fall Short Again — Are Big Changes Coming in Buffalo This Offseason? - Pro Football Network
- Bills’ 2024 offseason, draft tracker - WGR 550
Bills get big boost in yards after catch in 2023
For years, the offensive coaches on the Buffalo Bills have wanted to see their offensive play makers generate more yards after the catch, and in 2023, the Bills finally made strides in that department, thanks in part to running back James Cook, wide receiver Khalil Shakir, and tight end Dalton Kincaid.
The Bills ranked 15th in the NFL in yards after catch with 2,046, according to Pro Football Focus. That was slightly above the league average of 2,004 and an improvement from 2022, when Buffalo ranked 26th in YAC (1,597 yards after catch).
Even more Bills news
We hear from quarterback Josh Allen on why he’s haunted by the latest postseason setback vs. the Kansas City Chiefs, what the San Francisco 49ers need to do to defeat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, learn how left tackle and Walter Payton Man of the Year finalist Dion Dawkins gave back in Las Vegas, find out which intimidating former Bills defensive player is being featured in a Super Bowl commercial, and more!
- Q&A: Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen says loss to Chiefs will ‘haunt me’ - Buffalo News
- How to beat the Chiefs: Our writers explain the game plans used to defeat K.C. this season - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Scouting Report: Evenly matched Super Bowl could swing on quarterback play - Buffalo News
- How we see it: News writers make predictions for San Francisco-Kansas City Super Bowl - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills’ Dion Dawkins gives back in Las Vegas as part of Walter Payton Man of Year event - Buffalo News
- Super Bowl 2024: Buffalo Bills legend featured in M&M’s Almost Champions commercial - newyorkupstate.com
- Super Bowl Notebook: 49ers assistant coach Anthony Lynn reflects on chaotic time with Buffalo Bills - Buffalo News
- Comparing the QBs Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen have beaten in the playoffs is striking - Democrat & Chronicle
- PlayAction column: Kyle Shanahan vs. Steve Spagnuolo is super showdown - Buffalo News
- Western New York native Greg Papa, influenced by Van Miller, calls his third Super Bowl Sunday - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen hints at Stefon Diggs’ return to Bills on ‘The Pat McAfee Show’ - Buffalo Rumblings
- Stefon Diggs waxes philosophical with Kay Adams during Super Bowl LVIII interview - Buffalo Rumblings
- What if...Josh Allen Quarterbacked the 2013 Buffalo Bills? - Buffalo Rumblings
- Should the Buffalo Bills prepare for a game on foreign soil in 2024? - Buffalo Rumblings