There isn't much to say to preview this week's game that hasn't already been said. The Buffalo Bills have dug themselves too deep with close losses to teams they could have beaten, and are at the point of their season where they're playing for pride and experience rather than a playoff spot. The opponent being a similarly flawed team that plays in the NFC (albeit one lucky enough to be in playoff position), this game loses a lot of luster, and the TV coverage map reflects that.
Buffalo's goal for this week is simply to find consistency. They need to stop killing themselves with procedural penalties on offense and start narrowing down the plays that the personnel are comfortable executing at a high level. On defense, they need to learn the playbook and tackle with good fundamentals. If they still think they are in the playoff race, a win over Washington is an absolute must.
Buffalo Bills (6-7) at Washington Redskins (6-7)
- Game time: Sunday, December 12, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Location: Fedex Field, Hyattsville, MD
- TV: FOX affiliates in western New York (only as far as Rochester), Virginia, and parts of Maryland and West Virginia (coverage map)
- Commentators: Kenny Albert and Daryl Johnston
- Radio: WGR 550 (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 and 950AM (Rochester), WKRL 100.9 (Syracuse), FAN 590 (Toronto), and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network
- Announcers: John Murphy, Mark Kelso, Sal Capaccio
- Online: NFL Sunday Ticket, NFL.com Game Center
- Bills injuries: Seantrel Henderson (illness) may be done for the year. Mario Williams (illness) and Charles Clay (back) missed practice Wednesday. Ron Brooks (concussion/neck), Preston Brown (hamstring), Jerome Felton (back), Chris Gragg (back), John Miller (ankle), Nigel Bradham (ankle), Bacarri Rambo (knee), and Karlos Williams (shoulder) were limited participants.