Individual player ratings for the Buffalo Bills are out for the latest edition of EA's Madden football video game. Overall, the team rates a 79 out of a possible 100, which ranks No. 17 in the NFL. Here are the individual player ratings, with a few notes at the end:
Matt Cassel (75), EJ Manuel (73), Tyrod Taylor (72), Matt Simms (63)
LeSean McCoy (88), Fred Jackson (82), Anthony Dixon (72), Bryce Brown (72), Karlos Williams (69)
Jerome Felton (88), John Conner (77)
Percy Harvin (86), Sammy Watkins (85), Robert Woods (80), Chris Hogan (72), Marquise Goodwin (68), Marcus Easley (68), Dezmin Lewis (67), Deonte Thompson (65), Justin Brown (63), Marcus Thigpen (61), Tobias Palmer (59)
Charles Clay (86), Chris Gragg (72), Nick O'Leary (69), Marqueis Gray (65), Matthew Mulligan (N/A)
Cordy Glenn (86), Eric Wood (80), Richie Incognito (79), Seantrel Henderson (76), Kraig Urbik (75),
Chris Williams (75), John Miller (71), Alex Kupper (70), Cyrus Kouandjio (67), Cyril Richardson (64)
Marcell Dareus (94), Kyle Williams (93), Mario Williams (90), Jerry Hughes (85), Manny Lawson (77), Jarius Wynn (77) Alex Carrington (72), Stefan Charles (70), Corbin Bryant (67)
Nigel Bradham (83), Preston Brown (78), Randell Johnson (69), Tony Steward (65), A.J. Tarpley (64), Jimmy Gaines (64), Ty Powell (63)
Stephon Gilmore (85), Corey Graham (84), Leodis McKelvin (80), Nickell Robey (74), Ross Cockrell (73), Ronald Darby (70), Ron Brooks (69), Mario Butler (67)
Aaron Williams (79), Duke Williams (76), Bacarri Rambo (74), Jonathan Meeks (65), Kenny Ladler (63)
Dan Carpenter (89), Jordan Gay (66), Colton Schmidt (66), Garrison Sanborn (57)
As I look through the list, here is what stuck out to me. What stuck out to you?
- Percy Harvin is the top receiver ahead of Sammy Watkins.
- Ronald Darby is rated so low, Ross Cockrell is ahead of him.
- Manny Lawson listed on the defensive line mucks up the depth chart a little bit. Madden has to fit square pegs in round holes.
- Kraig Urbik will be better in your lineup than John Miller - digitally, at least.
- Alex Kupper being rated ahead of Cyrus Kouandjio and Cyril Richardson is terribly strange.
- The second tight end through the rotation in the first preseason game was Matthew Mulligan, who doesn't even make the list of players evaluated.
- Aaron Williams is the only one I see that is really underrated. I would put him in the mid-80s.