The one-year hiatus of the Buffalo Bills' Toronto series may end up being permanent, if what the team's new owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, are saying is true.
Kim Pegula told John Wawrow of The Associated Press on Wednesday that work is already being done on bringing the Bills' annual trips to Toronto - postponed for the 2014 season, to the delight of the team's fans - to a permanent close.
"We're working on that right now," Kim Pegula told Wawrow. "We want all the home games to be played in Buffalo, so we're working through that. I think it's close, but nothing's been finalized. But that is our intent."
The Bills have been playing one home game per season at the Rogers Centre in Toronto since 2008, going just 1-5 in those games played in front of non-sellout, highly neutral crowds. Prior to the release of the 2014 NFL regular season schedule, Bills president Russ Brandon had already announced that the series had been suspended for a season, ensuring that Buffalo would play eight home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium for the first time since the 2007 season.
This news, that the series is on its way out, is not especially surprising; this has been expected ever since the postponement announcement came last offseason. Still, it'll be seen as cause for celebration this fine Thursday morning, so have at it.