ESPN's Mike Rodak is reporting that the Buffalo Bills have hired Anthony Lynn as assistant head coach and running backs coach.
Bills have hired Anthony Lynn as assistant head coach/running backs coach, source confirms to @RichCimini, as reported by @KimJonesSports— Mike Rodak (@mikerodak) January 21, 2015
Lynn, 46, held the same position with the New York Jets for the last six seasons on Ryan's staff with the New York Jets. He's also spent a previous six seasons coaching running backs with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Dallas Cowboys, and Cleveland Browns prior to his stint in New York.
Sidenote on Anthony Lynn: Heard he was excellent in offensive coordinator interviews. Would expect him to get more consideration next year.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 21, 2015
Once this hire becomes official, Ryan will have brought a whopping 11 assistant coaches with him over from the Jets - a list that includes prominent hires like defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman, defensive line coach Karl Dunbar, quarterbacks coach David Lee, and more.
Here's the full rundown of confirmed hires under Ryan (with the unconfirmed hires, including Lynn, denoted with an asterisk). Speaking of Ryan: he's at the Senior Bowl this week, so hiring confirmations may not occur until he and the rest of the Bills contingent have returned from Mobile.
- Rex Ryan | head coach
- Anthony Lynn* | assistant head coach, running backs
- Greg Roman | offensive coordinator
- Dennis Thurman | defensive coordinator
- Danny Crossman | special teams coordinator
- David Lee | quarterbacks
- Sanjay Lal* | wide receivers
- Tony Sparano, Jr. | tight ends
- Aaron Kromer* | offensive line
- Karl Dunbar | defensive line
- Jeff Weeks | assistant defensive line
- Bobby April III | linebackers
- Jason Rebrovich* | outside linebackers
- Donnie Henderson | co-defensive backs
- Tim McDonald | co-defensive backs
- Eric Smith | special teams assistant
- Eric Ciano* | head strength and conditioning
- Jason Oszvart | strength and conditioning assistant