Rex Ryan just addressed the assembled UK and Buffalo media in The Grove Hotel in Watford, just outside London. Here are the most important nuggets of news from his presser:
- Neither Tyrod Taylor or Sammy Watkins are yet to be ruled out of Sunday's game, though Ryan seemed more optimistic on Taylor than he did on Watkins. The plan is to see how the two respond in practice over the week, but he affirmed that he won't play anyone for whom it might not be safe out there just to get a win.
- Karlos Williams, Seantrel Henderson, Kyle Williams and Percy Harvin did not make the trip out to London, but Rex said that he hasn't necessarily ruled any of them out, implying that they could be flown over at some later point during the week.
- However, Rex said that there was "no timeline" on Kyle Williams' return, and that it looked like a "pretty significant injury".
- More crucially, Rex said that the reason Percy Harvin did not make the trip was due to a "personal issue", and also said that the same "personal issue" was responsible for his not playing against the Bengals last Sunday, and NOT the hip injury that had previously been reported. Ryan refused to go into any further detail on Harvin.
- Ryan said that he understood the frustrations that Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus have vented to the media, and that he doesn't believe in "muzzling" his players to prevent them being able to open up to the press. He said that he doesn't disagree with some of their criticisms, and that he hopes to get the defense back on track for this Sunday.