clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Aaron Kromer court date is August 12, two weeks into Bills training camp

With Aaron Kromer not scheduled to appear in court until two weeks after training camp begins, speculation continues to heat up that the Bills' offensive line coach will be relieved of his duties before any of that comes to pass.

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Aaron Kromer is scheduled to appear in Walton County Court in Florida on the morning of Wednesday, August 12 to face a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from an arrest last weekend. Additional charges may be forthcoming, as well, and his 21-year-old son, Zachery, will faces charges, too.

The Buffalo Bills placed Kromer, their offensive line coach, on indefinite paid administrative leave on Tuesday. Training camp practices begin on July 31, meaning that the Bills will be nearly two weeks into preseason workouts before Kromer even appears in court.

With each new day bringing more details that work against Kromer in the public eye, and with the Bills already taking steps to ameliorate the situation on their end, many believe that Kromer's days in Buffalo will soon be numbered. In fact, Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report wrote the following on Wednesday: "Several team officials believe the Bills will fire Kromer by the end of the week."

Should that come to pass, the Bills could be in the market for a new offensive line coach. They could also shift titles from within to fill the role; offensive coordinator Greg Roman has more than a decade's worth of experience coaching linemen, and the team also has assistant line coach Kurt Anderson on staff. Another name to keep an eye on is senior offensive assistant Chris Palmer, who has spent most of his lengthy NFL career calling plays and working with quarterbacks, but who also has a strong working relationship with Roman.

Kromer was arrested on Sunday, July 12 following an incident in which he allegedly confronted three minors about their use of beach chairs, then shoved one of the minors to the ground, punched him in the face, and then threatened to kill his family if the incident was reported to authorities.