This is the moment where we find out who the most hardcore Buffalo Bills fans are. In their last preseason game of 2015, there will be no more quarterback drama. Every starter will be sitting out Thursday's game, as will backup quarterbacks EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel. With a roster filled with players who won't be part of this team next week, playing against a similar roster of players for the Detroit Lions, you would be excused if you wanted to find a better way to spend your Thursday night.
Still, there are some back-end roster battles that will reach their conclusion on Thursday, and a few players might be worth your viewing. Deonte Thompson and Andre Davis have been making a strong push for a roster spot against the injured Chris Hogan and Marquise Goodwin (and in Thompson's case, if he makes it to the field after missing time with an injury, he might also be a trade candidate.) Chris Gragg and MarQueis Gray may be battling for the final tight end spot on the roster. Bryce Brown has to justify that he's worth keeping as the fourth running back. If those issues interest you, here's how you can tune in and follow along with an otherwise inconsequential game.
Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Detroit Lions (2-1)
- Game time: Thursday, September 4, 2015, 7:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Ford Field, Detroit, MI
- TV: WKBW (Ch. 7, Buffalo), WHAM (Ch. 13, Rochester), WTVH (Ch. 5, Syracuse)
- Commentators: Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker
- NFL Network re-air: Friday, September 5, 2015, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Radio: WGR 550 (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 and 950AM (Rochester), WKRL 100.9 (Syracuse), FAN 590 (Toronto), and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network
- Announcers: John Murphy, Mark Kelso, Sal Capaccio
- Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
- Bills injuries: The Bills' starters will not play in Thursday's game. Matt Simms will start at quarterback and play the whole game.