Rex Ryan continues to make tweaks to his Buffalo Bills coaching staff, with Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reporting that football operations consultant Pat Meyer will be promoted to the team's assistant offensive line coach opening.
Source tells @NFLonFOX that @BuffaloBills promoting football operations consultant Pat Meyer to asst o-line coach. Ran #Bears o-line in '14— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) January 21, 2016
The Bills hired Meyer as 2015 training camp began, when offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was in the midst of a legal situation that he was ultimately suspended for. Meyer had been the Chicago Bears' offensive line coach when Kromer was that team's offensive coordinator, but while employed by the Bills last season, he was not listed on the coaching staff. Kurt Anderson coached Buffalo's offensive line until Kromer's suspension ended.
After Anderson accepted the offensive line coaching job at Arkansas, the Bills had a vacancy, and giving that gig to Meyer makes sense, given his ties to Kromer.
Meyer becomes the fourth new coach on Ryan's coaching staff so far this offseason, joining Rob Ryan, Ed Reed, and Kathryn Smith. Buffalo's coaching staff currently stands at 22 names, giving the Bills one of the larger coaching staffs in the NFL.
- Rex Ryan - head coach
- Greg Roman - offensive coordinator
- Chris Palmer - senior offensive assistant
- David Lee - quarterbacks
- Anthony Lynn - assistant head coach, running backs
- Sanjay Lal - wide receivers
- Tony Sparano, Jr. - tight ends
- Aaron Kromer - offensive line
- Pat Meyer - assistant offensive line
- Jason Vrable - offensive quality control
- Rob Ryan - assistant head coach, defense
- Dennis Thurman - defensive coordinator
- Karl Dunbar - defensive line
- Jeff Weeks - assistant defensive line
- Jason Rebrovich - outside linebackers
- Bobby April III - linebackers
- Tim McDonald - defensive backs
- Ed Reed - assistant defensive backs
- D'Anton Lynn - defensive assistant
- Danny Crossman - special teams coordinator
- Eric Smith - special teams assistant
- Kathryn Smith - quality control, special teams