On the latest episode of Billieve: A Buffalo Bills Fan Podcast, host John Boccacino welcomes in a new co-host, Jamie D’Amico, to delve into all of the ways Buffalo Bills’ fans should be optimistic heading into the 2019 season.
One week after examining all of the worst-case scenarios for the Bills, Boccacino and D’Amico view the upcoming season through an optimistic lens.
Among the important ways the Bills will need to excel on the field in order to make it back to the playoffs for the second time in the last three years:
- Josh Allen thrives in his second year in Brian Daboll’s offense, improving his completion percentage, learning to read through his receiver’s routes in order to find the open target, and relying on his legs as a scrambling quarterback less than his rookie season. This will lead to a more consistent offense and put Allen at less risk of a devastating injury.
- The wide receivers, led by Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Cole Beasley and John Brown, exceed expectations and help Allen take that next step forward.
- The offensive line, led by center Mitch Morse, gels from the get-go and quickly makes Bills’ fans forget all about the porous play from the offensive line last year.
- Jerry Hughes and Ed Oliver lead a resurgent defensive line, teaming with Star Lotulelei, Trent Murphy (finally fully healthy for the first time in nearly two years) and a motivated Shaq Lawson to form a potent and talented d-line.
- Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds spark a terrific linebacking corps that, with another season from the ageless Lorenzo Alexander, becomes a strength of the defense.
- The secondary approaches elite status, led by Tre’Davious White, Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, and a combination of Kevin Johnson, E.J. Gaines, and Levi Wallace. Together, the secondary creates plenty of turnovers en route to finishing as top-five unit.
What do you think, Bills fans? How confident are you that Allen can take those next steps in his development as the Bills’ franchise quarterback? Who do you think emerges as the No. 1 wide receiver? Will the offensive line make up for its porous play in 2018? How dominant can Buffalo’s secondary be? What do you feel the most confident about regarding Leslie Frazier’s 4-3 defense? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section, and check out our podcast for thoughts on these topics and more on the latest Billieve: A Buffalo Bills Fan Podcast.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.