Another day has come and gone with no movement on the Charles Clay front in 2015 NFL free agency.
So says Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, whose latest update on the Buffalo Bills' pursuit of Clay includes the following bits of new information:
- Buffalo's interest in Clay remains unchanged from last week;
- They still plan on presenting Clay with an offer sheet;
- Carucci's source says the Bills have a "90 percent" chance of signing Clay;
- Rex Ryan has been the "driving force" behind the interest in Clay;
- The Bills are still studying Miami's cap situation before making an offer.
Clay has been reliably linked to the Bills in free agency since at least two weeks before the new league year began on March 10. Since then, Clay has visited One Bills Drive (by way of Kim and Terry Pegula's private jet) and returned to Miami, the Dolphins have made some wild maneuvers to free up gobs of cap space in the hopes of retaining him, and the Bills released their four-year starter at tight end, Scott Chandler.
Tick, tick, tick. Isn't free agency fun?