With pick No. 27 in the 2016 Buffalo Rumblings Community Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers, and general manager goorange23, have selected Darron Lee, linebacker from Ohio State. Here's what he had to say about the pick:
As soon as I heard I was going to be selecting for Green Bay, two things came to mind: DT or ILB, with a slight consideration of an offensive lineman (but only if a very talented O-lineman slippped down the board, and this is because three of the lineman are on contract years). When it came down to it only three players stood out. DTs Robert Nkemdiche and Kenny Clark and ILB Darron Lee.
Knowing Ted Thompson and how he doesn't select players with high risk high reward that took Nkemdiche out of the picture. So my selection came down to Clark and Lee. With several options and opportunities to select a skilled DT in the second round, Lee stood out to me as Green Bay's new ILB. I believe Darren Lee has the athleticism and coverage ability to thrive in this defense, especially if the Packers can get a DT in the coming rounds.
Also, adding Lee as an inside linebacker solves two problems at once. It moves Clay Matthews back to the edge to be the dominant pass rusher he used to be. With the Packers selecting three picks in the first two rounds in the last two drafts on their secondary a complementary pass rush is much needed and that is exactly what Lee creates by roaming the middle of this defense.
The Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock. Remember, when it's your turn to submit a draft choice, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
- Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
- Cowboys: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
- 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
- Vikings: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Buccaneers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Giants: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Bears: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
- Dolphins: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
- Raiders: Vernon Butler, DT, LA Tech
- Rams: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
- Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
- Falcons: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
- Colts: Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
- Bills: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
- Bengals: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
- Eagles: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
- Texans: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
- Redskins: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
- Jets: Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
- Steelers: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
- Seahawks: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
- Packers: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
Dan's top five remaining
- Kenny Clark
- Jaylon Smith
- Robert Nkemdiche
- Laquon Treadwell
- Jonathan Bullard
What do you think of this pick? Cast your vote in the poll below!