With the thirteenth pick in the 2016 Buffalo Rumblings Community Mock, the Miami Dolphins, and general manager Grif, have selected Mackensie Alexander, cornerback from Clemson. Here's what he had to say about the pick:
I swore to myself that I wouldn't pick Mac Alexander. He's constantly been mocked to the Dolphins and they have needs at every level of their defense, not just at corner. But in the end Alexander represented the closest marriage between an area of need and the best player available.
Miami's new coordinator, Vance Joseph, is a former cornerback himself and was the Bengal's defensive backs coach. The Bengal's defense asks a lot from their corners, especially in man-coverage and I'm sure it won't be any different in Miami. While Byron Maxwell is a solid addition and Tony Lippett and Brice McCain have flashed competent play at times, the Dolphins still don't have the personnel to match up with the wide receivers in the AFC East. Reggie Ragland and Noah Spence were both considerations, but inside linebacker isn't the biggest need for the team and I think a 3-4 matches Noah Spence's strengths better.As a prospect Alexander reminds me of Brent Grimes or Ronald Darby. He's a plus athlete that only has average size but manages to be physical and tough on the field. His acceleration and fluid hips are both very impressive. He's very experienced in man coverage and played both outside and in the slot at Clemson. He'd be able to immediately come in and transform the Dolphins secondary into an upper-echelon unit."
The Oakland Raiders are now on the clock. Remember, when it's your turn to submit a draft choice, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
- Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
- Cowboys: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
- 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
- Vikings: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Buccaneers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Giants: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Bears: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
- Dolphins: Mackensie Alexander
Dan's top five remaining
- Jack Conklin
- Josh Doctson
- Noah Spence
- Cody Whitehair
- Reggie Ragland
What do you think of this pick? Cast your vote in the poll below!