Potential Bills Targets
Wondering who the Bills will draft in April? Whether it's news about player interest, mock drafts from the media, or predictions from our writing staff, we'll keep you covered with the news to know.
Who the media are mocking to the Bills
It's fairly well-known that the Bills vet their draft picks by having them visit One Bills Drive. Every first round selection since Buddy Nix first took over in 2010 has made a stop in Buffalo before draft day, and most draft picks either visited Buffalo or had a teammate visit in the same year. With that in mind, there's no better way to guess Buffalo's intentions than to track the reported visitors.
|Dak Prescott||QB||Mississippi State||3/9/2016||No|
|Taylor Decker||OT||Ohio State
|Adolphus Washington||DT||Ohio State
|Vonn Bell||S||Ohio State
|Emmanuel Ogbah||ER||Oklahoma State||4/5/2016||No|
|Kelvin Fisher Jr.||S||UTEP
|Connor Cook||QB||Michigan State||4/11/2016||No|
The Bills have paid special interest to other players through the draft process. Here are some of the key meetings we know about:
- The Bills had dinner with Memphis QB Paxton Lynch the night before his pro day.
- They met privately with Stanford QB Kevin Hogan at the Senior Bowl and during the Combine outside the normal interview setting.
- The team had a private meeting with Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg after his pro day.
- Buffalo worked in-depth with Maryland ER Yannick Ngakoue at his pro day.
- The team interviewed literally every Clemson player who attended the Combine.
- The Bills, having met with Roberto Aguayo at the NFL Combine, are the only team that has been connected with him this far in the draft process.
- The Bills have also done due diligence on Carson Wentz and Jared Goff, attending pro days and visiting the schools all year.
Every Tuesday, a Buffalo Rumblings writer teams up with a contributor from the community to take notes on a player in the NFL Draft. Those notes, delivered in a stream of consciousness, give you insight into that player's skills, weaknesses, and the context of their play, without trying to pigeonhole the player into a 200 word scouting report.
Make the call
Every year there are a few potential picks that would decidedly split the fanbase. If you were in charge, would you make them?
Every so often, we'll run our own mock drafts on the site, from a Bills-centric viewpoint. You can find those mock drafts below.
Wondering who the best players in the draft are? Here is where we keep the player rankings from our resident scout.